If you are buying products from China, you probably asked the following questions:
- What type of certification is needed? How to be compliant?
- What is mandatory and what is only advised?
Getting the right information immediately is difficult.
I just discovered an easy-to-navigate and very useful website from UL:
The process is simple:
- Select the geographical area(s)
- Select the product category
- Click on a mark (e.g. UL Listing, CE…)
- Read the information on the extreme left of the page
It lacks a bit of detail, and it doesn’t cover all cases, but that’s a very nice start.
I hope UL will connect this further with their database of compliance requirements.
We are not lawyers. What we wrote above is based only on our understanding of the regulatory requirements. QualityInspection.org does not present this information as a basis for you to make decisions, and we do not accept any liability if you do so.