Global Sources has totally revamped the free conferences they run besides their trade shows in Hong Kong. They seem to primarily target hardware startups, but days 3 and 4 can be interesting to any company.
Here is the new structure:
I was invited to speak at their conference on October 13. Here is the topic I’ll be speaking about:
Quality Control Strategy & Tools for Ensuring You Receive Good Products
Effective quality control includes much more than end-of-line inspection. It often requires extra preparation, but does not always add to the buyer’s costs. This presentation will cover the following topics:
- What elements in the buying process impact quality, all along the chain
- The choice of the supplier, No. 1 success factor
- Setting up expectations in a way the supplier will pay attention to
- Structuring payments to keep leverage in your hands
- The role of product inspections and laboratory tests
- Examples of statistics used to follow up on quality performance
I hope to see you there!